Potato salads are a classic summer dish! They are pretty simple containing cooked and cooled potato chunks with other ingredients tossed in a dressing. You can make potato salads ahead of time and store them in the fridge, in fact they get even better the next day as the flavours have a chance to mingle! Potato salads are a great make ahead side for any meal and they travel well making them a good choice for picnics, potlucks, tailgating, etc. This potato salad is made with Mediterranean inspired ingredients including olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, onions and plenty of fresh herbs! The dressing is light and creamy with Greek yogurt and fresh lemon juice! This potato salad is just packed with flavour and it’s one of my go-to summer sides!
Mediterranean Potato Salad
A cool and creamy potato salad packed with the flavours of the Mediterranean, including feta, olives, sundried tomatoes and lemon!
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced (optionally peeled)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8-10 minutes, before removing from water and letting them cool.
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix the potatoes, feta, olives, sundried tomatoes, red onions, green onions, parsley and dill, toss with the dressing and either enjoy right away or chill in the fridge overnight.
Option: If you are using a fresh lemon, zest it and add the zest to the dressing!
Option: Use lemon and feta vinaigrette or kalamata olive and feta vinaigrette as a dressing!
Bacon Pimento Cheese Potato Salad
Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
Warm German Potato Salad
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Kimchi Sweet Potato Salad
Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Romesco Sauce
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
This looks great and is a must try
Yum – only change was grape tomatoes cut in half as I don’t like sundried tomatoes. Excellent summer salad.
You appear to have learned to edit the number of photos down to a useful number. Nice.
Definitely going to try this!! Looks delish!!
I made this today and let me tell you.. it was probably the best tasting potato salad I’ve made to date! Loved it, great recipe! Kids liked it too!