The combination of sweet corn and salty bacon is so simple and yet so good! This bacon fried corn is a quick and easy side dish for any meal! It’s as easy as cooking the bacon until crispy and then frying the corn in the bacon grease! You can leave it like that or season it up a bit with things like green onions, cilantro, parsley, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, etc. This recipe works well with fresh corn or frozen or even canned.
Bacon Fried Corn
Sweet corn pan fried in bacon grease with crispy bacon, green onions, and cilantro.
- 4 strips bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and divided (lights and greens)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- Cook the bacon in a heavy skillet until crispy and set on paper towels to drain before crumbling.
- Drain all but two tablespoons of the bacon rendered bacon fat, heat over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the lights of the green onions, paprika, salt and pepper, mix and cook for a minute before removing from heat.
- Mix in the bacon, the greens of teh green onions, and the cilantro and enjoy!
Creamy Bacon and Avocado Corn Salad
Sriracha Lime Corn Salad
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Jalapeno Honey Lime Corn Salad with Avocado