Pears and blue cheese are an amazing flavour combination that like to I enjoy in the fall! They are the perfect blend of sweet and savoury and they are fabulous on a pizza! I like to accentuate the sweet aspects of this pizza with caramelized onions and contrast it a bit with salty prosciutto. This pizza is as easy to make as shaping the pizza dough, brushing it with a bit of oil, sprinkling on the ingredients and baking it! Caramelizing the onions is the only part that takes some time and you can make them ahead of time if desired. I sometimes like to top the pizza off with some fresh baby arugula for some brightness and pepperiness.
Pear Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pizza
A fall pizza with sweet pear and caramelized onions along with salty prosciutto and tangy blue cheese!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are caramelized and golden, about 30-40 minutes, before setting aside.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet, brush the oil over the dough, sprinkle on the salt, pepper, mozzarella, blue cheese, caramelized onions, prosciutto and pear.
- Bake in a preheated 500F/260C oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Tip: Caramelize the onions a say ahead of time!
Option: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme, sage, or rosemary on the oil on the pizza crust along with the salt and pepper.
Option: Replace the prosciutto with cooked bacon.
Option: Top the pizza with fresh baby arugula before serving!
Pear and Gorgonzola Tart
Caramelized Pear and Blue Cheese Soup
Pear Salad with and Bacon, Gorgonzola and Candied Walnuts
Pear Kimchi and Blue Cheese Salad
Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Omelette with Bacon and Pecans
Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Quiche
Gorgonzola Cheesecake with Vanilla Pear Compote
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Feta and Balsamic Glaze
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Loaded Baked Potato Broccoli Crust Pizza
Chicago Style Thin Crust Pizza
Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
ha, such a creative pizza, love the ingredients in this one, even the pear, thank you!