After making the spaghetti squash shrimp pad thai last week I couldn't help but think of other new ways to serve pad thai and with the football playoffs here I guess it was inevitable that I would think of pad thai nachos! The basic idea here was to serve all of the flavours of pad thai on nachos covered with plenty of melted cheese for snacking on while watching the game. I started out with my pad thai sauce of tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and chili sauce for a perfect blend of sour, salty, sweet and spicy and I mixed some shredded chicken into it before sprinkling it onto the tortilla chips. Up next were some basic pad thai vegetables including bean sprouts, carrots and green onions and of course heaps of cheese that was then melted under the broiler. The finishing touches were some chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro. The pad thai flavours work fabulously well in nacho form all covered in ooey gooey melted cheese and these nachos are sure to please at your game day party. (They are even better if you hoard them all to yourself and eat them as a meal, but I wouldn't know anything about that...)
Serve with extra sriracha for those that like it hot!
Chicken Pad Thai Nachos
Pad Thai inspired nachos with chicken in a tasty pad thai sauce, fresh veggies and herbs along with plenty of melted cheese.
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate or 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Simmer the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce and peanut butter over medium heat until the peanut butter melts into the sauce, about 2-3 minutes, before mixing in the chicken.
- Spread the nachos out on a baking dish, sprinkle on the chicken and sauce mixture, bean sprouts, carrots and green onions followed by the cheese and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes, before topping with peanuts and fresh cilantro.
Korean Bulgogi and Kimchi Nachos
Pad Thai Soup
Pad Thai Omelette
Spicy Peanut Sauce Pad Thai
Pad Thai Shrimp Burgers
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pad Thai
Greek Style Nachos
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Nachos
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos