When I make pot roast beef like this slow cooker pot roast beef I like to make plenty of extra so that I have leftovers for recipes like this pot roast beef Philly cheese steak dip! This dip is inspired by the flavours of a Philly cheese steak sandwich which is a sandwich that contains thinly sliced steak and cheese along with optional onions and peppers. The Philly cheesesteak sandwich is really tasty and you simply cannot go wrong throwing all of the flavours of the sandwich into a hot melted cheese dip! This recipe is so easy, you just saute the onions and peppers, mix it up with some cheese and bake it until its all melted, ooey, gooey and good! I like to kick the flavour up a bit with the addition of garlic, worcestershire, horse radish and a touch of Montreal steak spice! For the cheese I go with the cheesesteak classic provolone but a lot of other cheeses can work including, american, mozzarella, gruyere and even cheez whiz so feel free to swap out some or all of the provolone for one of these or another melty cheese! I like to serve this pot roast beef philly cheese steak dip with toast that I rub with a clove of garlic for scooping/dipping!
Pot Roast Beef Philly Cheese Steak Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A super easy slow cooker roast beef 'Philly' cheese steak sandwich inspired hot melted cheese dip!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup roast beef, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup provolone, shredded
- 2 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (or steak spice blend such as montreal steak spice)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and pepper and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and cooking for another minute.
- Mix everything, place it is a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 15-30 minutes.
Option: Replace some or all of the of the provolone with white american cheese, mozzarella, cheese whiz, etc.
Option: Serve with garlic rubbed toast!
Option: Place the dip in a slow cooker and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about an hour on low.