Philly cheesesteak sandwiches have such an amazing flavour combination and it also works well in pasta form! This cheesesteak pasta is the simple combination of ground beef, onions, and bell peppers in a sauce containing both whiz and provolone! You can cook the pasta separately or you can make it all in one-pot for a meal that’s easy to make any day of the week!
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
A quick and tasty pasta with all of the flavours of cheesesteaks!
- 8 ounces pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup cheese whiz
- 4 ounce provolone cheese
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef, onions, and peppers in a large skillet/pan, over medium heat, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, before optionally draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and steak seasoning, and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer to reduce for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off, mix in the cheeses, and let them melt into the sauce.
- Mix in the pasta and enjoy!
Option: Use your favourite cheesesteak cheese!
Option: Make this a one-pot meal by cooking the pasta in the same pot! Add 3 cups of beef broth and the pasta to the pan in step 3 and cook until the pasta is done, about 8-10 minutes.
Option: Add fresh parsley at the end!
Cheesy Taco Pasta
One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
One-pan Beef Stroganoff
Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese
Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
One Pan 20 Minute Buffalo Chicken Tortellini
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Zucchini
Philly Cheesesteak Soup
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes