This Mexican inspired taco soup is a staple on my meal rotation! It’s so easy to make and with ingredients that are always in my pantry! It’s literally as easy as cooking the ground beef, adding the taco seasoning, broth, tomatoes, beans, and corn before enjoying topped with your favourite taco toppings! I like to use a homemade taco seasoning (store bought works as well) so the soup is just packed with flavour!
A quick and easy, pantry friendly taco soup!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and taco seasoning and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and beans, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and let it warm before removing from heat and mixing in the cilantro.
Option: Use your favourite beans! I like pinto beans and/or black beans, kidney beans, etc.
Option: Add extra veggies like diced bell peppers, zucchini, etc.
Option: Add 1-2 tablespoons tomato paste.
Option: Add 1 cup rice or pasta or quinoa along with an extra 2 cups of broth or water and cook until tender!
Option: Hit the soup with a splash of lime juice along with the cilantro.
Option: Garnish with your favourite taco fillings/toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, etc.
Chicken Fajita Soup
Mexican Vegetable Soup
Pozole Verde de Pollo (Green Mexican Hominy and Chicken Soup)
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Cheesy Taco Pasta
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Chicken Fajita Soup