In addition to baking my favourite holiday cookies every year I like to try some new ones and top on my list for this year was some peppermint white chocolate chip cookies. White chocolate chunk and macadamia nut cookies have to be one of my all time favourite cookies and I was thinking that it would be great to take a festive spin on them and use peppermint instead of the macadamia nuts. For the recipe I went with my usual white chocolate chunk and macadamia nut cookie recipe and replaced the macadamia nuts with crush peppermint candy canes or in this case peppermint candies. These chocolate chip cookies turn out nice and crisp on the edges but oh so soft and melt in your mouth on the inside! The crushed peppermint candy added and amazing peppermint flavour along with a rather pleasant crunch. I will definitely be adding these peppermint white chocolate chip cookies to my regular holiday rotation! You will have to excuse me while I go a place another batch into the oven.
These peppermint white chocolate chip cookies will disappear fast!
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
White chocolate chip cookies with festive peppermint candy.
Servings: makes 12+ cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter (only real butter, not low fat), room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy cane, crushed
- Mix the butter and sugars in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate and the peppermint candy cane.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before placing it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet one table spoon at a time rolled up into balls.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven until just lightly golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.
Note: Due to popular demand, I have updated the recipe to produce a thicker version of the cookie and I have added tips to ensure that the cookies turn out right every time.
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Chunk and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Peppermint Chocolate Coated Pretzels