Chocolate, coconut and almond is such a fabulous flavour combination and it goes so well in cookies! These cookies are basically just a chocolate chip cookie recipe where equal parts chocolate chips, shredded coconut and almond slices are added to the cookie dough! It couldn’t be easier to make these cookies! You simply mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients and mix the wet and dry together before adding the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and almond slices. Once the dough is ready you scoop it up, roll it into balls, place on a baking sheet and bake for a few minutes. These cookies are great any time and they make a particularly nice addition to a holiday cookie platter!
Almond Joy Cookies
Crispy on the edges, soft and chewy on the inside, chocolate chip cookies with alomands and shredded coconut!
- 1 cup (1/2 pound, 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Cream the butter and sugars before beating in the eggs followed by the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before gently folding the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and almonds.
- Scoop the dough, 1-2 tablespoons, at a time, form into balls and place them on baking sheets, lined with parchment paper (or a silicon baking mat), 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown along the edges, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Chunk and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fudgy Rolo Brownie Cookies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Cookies and Cream Blondies
Coconut Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tracy DuBois says
My favourite candy in cookie form!!! Thanks for Sharing.
Kevin are these freezer safe?
These freeze well! I have a batch full of them in my freezer right now! 🙂
Ann Marie says
Hi! Would I need to adjust anything if I were to leave the nuts out of the recipe? Or is that not an issue?
You can simply omit them or you can replace them with more coconut and/or chocolate chips.
Just made a batch of these cookies and they are absolutely delicious! My husband bit into one and said WOW! I will definitely add these to the list of cookies to be made quite often.
what a great idea for a cookie, so much fun, very creative, thank you!
I used your recipe as a base but made a few changes. I subbed out half the butter for mashed up ripe bananas to cut down on calories, used Stevia crystal for half the sugar, and I didn’t have chocolate chips on hand so I used raisins instead and they still tasted amazing. I also used a variety of different chopped up nuts as I didn’t have enough almonds and it was so yummy! I might try it with dark chocolate chips next time, I loved the coconut in these. Thanks!