Chicken bacon ranch is a popular flavour combination and it works really well in a chicken noodle soup! The chicken bacon ranch flavour combination typically contains chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, and ranch seasoning; parsley, dill, chives, onion powder and garlic powder. This recipe is pretty much just a basic chicken noodle soup that starts with the bacon, uses the ranch seasoning instead of the regular chicken noodle soup herbs, and has cheddar cheese melted into the broth! I like this soup to be nice and creamy so I add some cream cheese in addition to the cheddar cheese which adds an amazing tangy-ness and plenty of flavour! This chicken bacon ranch chicken noodle soup is an amazing alternative to regular chicken noodle soup that’s sure to please!
aka crack chicken noodle soup
Chicken Bacon Ranch Noodle Soup
A homemade creamy chicken noodle soup with the chicken bacon ranch theme!
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning (see below)
- 8 ounces egg noodles (or other pasta) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan, about 10 minutes, and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions, carrot, and celery and cook until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, ranch seasoning and chicken, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and slice or shred before setting aside.
- Add the noodles/pasta to the soup, bring to a boil and simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until it melts.
- Add the chicken and bacon before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the parsley and enjoy!
Option: Use cooked chicken!
Option: Use your favourite pasta shape!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon white miso paste!
Option: Use 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream instead of cream cheese or omit entirely!
Option: Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Salmon Noodle Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
Tom Yum Gai (Thai Hot and Sour Chicken Soup)
Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup
Ham & Bean Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Butter Chicken Noodle Soup
Colombian Chicken and Corn Soup (Ajiaco)
Chicken Fajita Soup
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Pozole Verde de Pollo (Green Mexican Hominy and Chicken Soup)
Creamy Mushroom Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Egg Drop Soup
Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Chicken Tortellini Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes
Leave a Reply