A little while ago I came across a recipe for bacon wrapped buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers on Copy Kat Recipes that sounded so good! Unfortunately I was all snacked out after the big football game so I very reluctantly set the recipe aside for another time. Although I resisted making them for a while, over the weekend I broke down and made them using some leftover cooked shredded chicken from the freezer. I did not really stand a chance, I mean this recipe combines two irresistible snacks, jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken wings, into one and then wraps them up in bacon and I just had to find out how amazing the combination was!
I made a few changes to the recipe starting out by pre-roasting the jalapeno peppers a bit to help ensure that they are nice and tender by the time the bacon is done cooking. I commonly like to pair blue cheese with buffalo chicken so I added some to the stuffed jalapenos but I went easy on the blue cheese and mellowed it out with some cheddar for those that are not as appreciative of blue cheese as I am. To make up for it I served the bacon wrapped buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers with some blue cheese sauce for dipping and I also provided carrot and celery sticks for even more dipping pleasure.
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Jalapeno peppers stuffed with spicy buffalo chicken and blue cheese and wrapped with bacon!
- 12 large jalapenos, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced and warm
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing (optional)
- Place the jalapenos in a single layer on a baking pan with the cut side down and roast in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken.
- Fill the jalapenos with the buffalo chicken, top with cheese and wrap with bacon securing everything with a toothy pick.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the bacon is cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while still warm with a side celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for dipping.
Option: Replace the cheddar with cream cheese.